Sushi's greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time it falls.
After a few months of discussions, the team has recently put together a proposal titled - Sushi 2.0: A Restructure For The Road Ahead. You can read the entire article here.
If you're wondering what the Sushi 2.0 Proposals is all about, and if you should vote for it, here are the key details.
A compensation committee is being proposed to oversee the allocation of funding for current and new team members. This committee will be responsible for negotiating salaries with current and new team members, evaluating performance, maintaining budget data, and completing other set of tasks.
We are proposing a leadership search over the next 90 days to find the right talent to fill executive, and other leadership roles that Sushi is currently lacking. This will help us address some of our current shortcomings. In addition to this, we have also included a proposed budget for the team.
An allocation of 6M $SUSHI is being requested to be used from the treasury to compensate current/new team over the next 4 years. These funds include salaries for leadership roles.
On top of the actionable components listed above, Jiro has provided some updates on what the team is currently working on for the Sushi community and users. Here is a brief list of the most notable mentions:
- Trident's soft launch on Polygon is running smoothly. The Devs continue to monitor the release and no firm date has yet been set for launch on other networks.
- The team is looking to integrate Stargate, to strengthen Sushi's commitment to multi-chain solutions for liquidity providers and DEX users.
- Sushi Guard is the new name for Sushi's implementation of OpenMEV, which protects swappers from front running bots, and will provide gas rebates to swappers.
- Sushi continues to push for a more permission-less and decentralized protocol to serve the community and external developers wishing to build onto the ecosystem.
- Marketing is working towards a more formalized structure to provide product marketing and community engagement.
- The Samurais have launched Toshokan blog and are looking to release webinars and Sushi Academy to help users to get the most out of Sushi.
- Solutions to bring funds to the treasury are being considered to allow Sushi to continue to feed its staff so they can keep building this incredible ecosystem.
- Kashi's UI and UX are getting a facelift along with some exciting new features.
- Shoyu's open beta will likely occur in the next 8 to 10 weeks.
Here is also a summarized overview of the key points you should know, presented in an easy-to-digest visual format. Give it a look and head over to the forum to share your views.
The future for Bentobox 🍱
Trident improvements 🔱
Kashi upgrades 💳
MISO enhancements 🥣
Shōyu features 🍶
Peripheral systems 💻
Samurais 2.0 roadmap 🤺
Product Marketing 🍣
Content Marketing ✍️
Growth Marketing 🌱
Full product suite coverage 🍣
Legal entity, treasury management & sustainability 🛣️
Compensation structure 💰
Salaries by departments 👷♂️👷♀️
Org chart 🏛️
Vacant Positions 💼
This is a breakdown of a 21 page document, and the forum proposal. It has been truncated. For more info and specifics refer to: https://mirror.xyz/0x4bb4c1B0745ef7B4642fEECcd0740deC417ca0a0/dFUiMYBl_xp2aN_F_Hc1abgP8NMv5Js5UYnup77MN0k