- New chain! Arbitrum Nova → to bridge onto Nova you can use the official bridge from ETH
- Reddit is a big component of the Nova release. Moon and Brick are community tokens for example which allow Redditors to tip each other or pay for subscription models.
- Sarang gives the low-down on the Arbitrum Nova release and how Sushi is outreaching to Reddit and retail users.
- StableSwap pools are coming soon to Trident on Polygon!
Current Snapshots: NONE THIS WEEK
Proposals & Discussions:
- A new 100 SushiPowah channel for polls and temperature checks has been added. It can be accessed by connecting your wallet to CollabLand within the Sushi Discord server.
Head Chef Candidacy:
- Moving forward on Head Chef search. Based on a contentious temperature check and resulting discussion, there will likely be a separation between compensation and candidate on the current Head Chef proposal.
- Exploration of other candidates besides Jon. Invite additional candidates for a real election of sorts, this includes previous individuals who have offered such as SuperGenius and a nomination of BoringCrypto.
- Discussion of flexibility in compensation package and if candidates would accept a defined salary or negotiations by the DAO.
- Questioning and discussion on why a Head Chef or figurehead is relevant and necessary. Does Sushi need a Head Chef?
- Offering the possibility of an open mic AMAs for anyone who would like to be a candidate.
- Alex (aka SuShef), the new business development lead introduces himself to the community.
- A real Sushi chef also suddenly introduces himself.
- Quick musing about incoming the incoming Proof of Stake and how gas fees may look in the future.
Noox x Sushi Proposal:
- Tangle expresses interest in the idea of an achievement or NFT reward system to encourage Sushi app usage. These achievements could also confer bonuses or rewards back to users.
- Gas fees can be preventative on the Ethereum network, so the support of other networks would be desired.
- ControlCControlV comes in to discuss several points regarding the Meiji Restoration proposal
- We can consider using a protocol like Lens or Commonwealth to fasten forum accounts to wallets as a way to encourage
- Snapshot be pushed for after vote on Sushi Head Chef to minimize distractions
- Is not in competition with Head Chef proposal – either way. Even if there is not an executive individual calling shots, it will be a helpful road-map for the protocol. Some sort of structure is required even for decentralization to work well.
- New channel opened in Sushi discord for discussion:
- Initial discussion and temperature check to create parameters to contracts for on-chain voting – implementation will be a second, later vote. This will give time for the DAO to inspect, understand design, and discuss changes.
- A new channel has been added to the Discord server to discuss the Meiji Restoration proposal.
- Tangle will be traveling and be absent from the Forum on August 1st.