Today is another open floor for individuals to come and nominate themselves for the Head Chef position while giving a brief introduction and interview to the community.
Sushi Academy Testing Invitations: (0:00)
- Community members can sign up to get a sneak peek at the Sushi Academy through a link found within the presentation above.
- The Academy will offer tutorials, FAQs, and a knowledge base wiki to help educate current users as well as onboard entirely new ones.
SushiSwap Polkadot Parachain: (5:10)
- Eric Wang from Parity Technologies comes to talk about his proposal to create a blockchain for SushiSwap, using the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Parachain would be EVM compatible and controllable by governance. It could even be potentially set up to minimize or remove gas fees.
- A new developer team would be hired and a ‘subDAO’ established for the parachain.
- We are worried about costs in the short and long term, as sustainability and revenue models are current concerns. Numbers would need to be adjusted to account for the current bear market situation.
Jared C: (24:30)
Jared C's Blog: https://nycoo.org/
Jared C's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredcohe
- Started a career in finance, went to advertising, then moved to the legal sector for several years. Left law to learn coding and engineering. familiar with the creation of smart contracts.
- Worked with many startups in different industries.
- Operating with LexDAO. Helped organized several parts of the foundation for the DAO.
- Will take time to get acquainted with every aspect of Sushi before making hard executive decisions; focusing on optimizing/organizing existing aspects and getting great ideas from the community first.
- Scale up revenue and growth by trying and testing multiple different new products to see what gains traction and is worthy of being expanded on.
- Believes in transparent and shown finances for the operations spending, but acknowledges that showing payroll specifically may be too much invasion of privacy for some contributors.
Jared G: (50:40)
Jared C's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredgrey/
- Background in contracting and consulting for corporate, government, and military entities.
- Started with crypto in 2015 doing ghostwriting for a few protocols, doxed and went live in 2016.
- Raised for and launched a digital asset exchange as CEO called Bitfineon. Familiar with legal dealings required in running a regulated exchange.
- An early user of Sushi. Listed the token on his exchange.
- Thinks asset-backed tokens will be a very big magnet for liquidity in the next bull run and a great opportunity for the exchange. Forward-thinking about upcoming needs and making products to meet those needs when they do come.
- Believes the DAO can see an overhaul in governance and be better; the current model is not the final product. Sushi should show everyone its growth and restate its core values to attract old users back.
Closing Remarks: (1:19:07)
- Tangle will be absent from the September 1st Forum. It will be a continuation of the open floor for head Chef nominations/discussion.